By Philip W. Cook
An award-winning investigative journalist offers a stressful new examine an underreported form of household violence―the abuse of men.
• the newest study figures and updated surveys at the incidence of intimate companion violence opposed to men
• own interviews and situations drawn from media assurance of politicians and different public figures
• a specific bibliography
Read or Download Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence PDF
Similar social psychology & interactions books
This selection of essays represents a follow-up to the editors' 1994 book, The darkish aspect of Interpersonal verbal exchange. within the preface to that selection of essays, they argued that "To absolutely know the way humans functionality successfully calls for us to think about how participants focus on social interplay that's tough, frustrating, tough, distressing, and disruptive.
Chiunque, in particolari circostanze, può infierire contro un altro essere umano: questo è quanto emerge dall’impressionante viaggio nelle profondità del male condotto da Piero Bocchiaro. Pagina dopo pagina, l’analisi avvincente e rigorosa offerta dall’autore annulla lo scarto (sicuramente confortante) tra ‘buoni’ e ‘cattivi’, mettendo fatalmente in crisi l. a. tradizionale dicotomia Bene/Male.
"Lynne Baker indicates her compassion and resolution to wake the non secular and secular groups to motion and care. " — Len Matthews, Salvation ArmyThis ebook takes a truly genuine inspect the lives of Christian ladies who focus on household abuse each day. It explores their reviews of actual, verbal, emotional, sexual, monetary, and non secular abuse by the hands in their offender husbands who declare themselves to be strong Christians.
From intimate relationships to international politics, Sarah Schulman observes a continuum: that inflated accusations of injury are used to prevent responsibility. Illuminating the adaptation among clash and Abuse, Schulman without delay addresses our modern tradition of scapegoating. This deep, courageous, and impressive paintings finds how punishment replaces own and collective self-criticism, and indicates why distinction is so usually used to justify cruelty and shunning.
- Post-Industrial Lives: Roles and Relationships in the 21st Century
- Schadenfreude: Understanding Pleasure at the Misfortune of Others
- Motivation: Biological, Psychological, and Environmental
- Consumer Culture, Identity and Well-Being: The Search for the 'Good Life' and the 'Body Perfect' (European Monographs in Social Psychology)
- Leadership: How to Lead Yourself - Stop Being Led and Start Leading Others
- Property: A Study in Social Psychology: Volume 2 (Psychology Library Editions: Social Psychology)
Additional resources for Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence
Abused Men: The Hidden Side of Domestic Violence by Philip W. Cook